Come Take A Walk With Us...

Saturday, February 7, 2009

So Good To Have Cousins.


My kids don't have any cousins. Well, they have 1/2 cousins but we have only seen them a handful of times and I suppose that is how it will always be because they live with their mother and not LeeJay's 1/2 brother...confusing I know. So, we consider a few 2nd cousins our children's "cousins". We have Clint and Kate and Cole and Bodie. Every time we get to see them the kids are just so excited and thrilled to have someone to play with that is "related". Kylee kept walking around for past couple of days telling anyone who would listen..."My cousins are coming!" She is 9 and is so thrilled about this. As soon as they got here it is like they all picked up where they left off the last time we saw them. They have an absolute blast with each other and genuinely love each other and the time they get to share together. There is nothing like that family connection feeling. I remember it so well and fondly from my own childhood. I loved and looked so forward to holidays and summers where we went to Grandmother and Granddaddy's and ALL the cousins were there. It was just the best feeling. I can't really explain it better than that...if you have felt and remember it then you will understand. Anyway I am so glad we have moved back home so my children finally get to experience family and make some lasting memories.

No comments: