Come Take A Walk With Us...

Friday, January 23, 2009

A Day in The Life Of Carrie...

I woke up at 6 via the alarm and hit snooze. This is so unlike me. I normally wake up a few minutes to an hour before my alarm in anticipation of the dreadful sound and try to catch it so I don't have to hear it longer than a milisecond. Oh trust me, I know, I am weird. Many people don't understand but, there are few "special" people out there that do the same thing...I am sure of it. Okay, back on track here.... I woke up slowly and got some coffee going. The plan was to get a shower before Carson got up and then get the kids ready and go to antler alert for Kylee to receive her first mini master button for reading 5 classic novels...then rush to take Carson to school and then go grocery shopping and then go pick Carson back up at 12. Well, nothing ever works that simply. Conner decides to tell me he is way too sick for school today...again. He missed yesterday. So, I tell him he has to go back to bed and is going to stay in bed ALL day to rest so he won't be sick this weekend. I went to tell LeeJay one of us has to stay home with him while the other goes to see Kylee. He says he will stay. I am now rushing around to get ready. I hear Conner in the bathroom. He decided to get ready for school after all...just so he wouldn't have to stay in bed all day. We all head off to Antler Alert which took even longer because Kylee also got recognized by the principal for making straight A's this term. So, needless to say I wasn't out in time to get carson to school. So, I decided to keep him with me and go to the store. We are picking out produce and LeeJay called to say his battery is dead on his car. We leave are buggy and come home. By the time we get here I realize I have forgotten to pack Conner his lunch and we need to take him something. Carson and i go eat with Conner and then come home and take a NAP. After awakening ( Carson slept for another hour or so) I clean out the minivan and pack a bag for Kylee's cheer practice and pack snacks for Kylee, Madison, Alley Conner and Carson. It is my turn to drive the girls to practice. They have to be there at 4 and school gets out at 3:45. I am the 4th car in line at carpool, just to make sure we get out of the parking lot quick...too bad I got behind a school bus dropping off kids on the way to the gym. We were about 10 minutes late. I decide to go to the store, Finally made it back. I of course have Carson and Conner in tow who ask for every stinkin' piece of junk food on every isle. You know the Mom that looks completely frazzled and out of her mind in the check out line...well, that was so me today at 4:30. Then we head back to pick the girls up at 5:15...when I talk to My dear wonderful husband. He is on his way home.I ask him to please go pick the girls up and take them home because I now have the daunting task of unloading and putting up groceries and then fixing dinner. Now, I am relaxing on the computer while the kids play Wii. That is a typical day in the life of Carrie..crazy I know. Now I know why most women Want to go back to work...it isn't as hectic.

No comments: