Come Take A Walk With Us...

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Awake way too early.






Boomer woke me up needing to go outside at 4:30 this morning and for whatever reason I never could go back to sleep. So, here I am at 6 am drinking coffee and blogging.I keep hearing cars go crunching by on the ice outside. I guess everyone has decided to go back to work today after being out for the past 2 days. We still don't have school today though. They will for sure go back tomorrow (Friday) which means they went to school 1 and 1/2 days this week. I wonder when they will have to make it up.
I think my mind just won't relax. I am just swirling with thoughts and ideas. I wish I could just stop and be happy and content with what we have. I hate that about myself. I am constantly thinking we need a bigger house or a newer car. I just need to realize how blessed we are to have been able to move back closer to family and that we are in a great school district for our kids and that we are making some fabulous friends and have joined a great church. We have each other and that is all that matters. The rest is just fluff, icing or extra sugar. I know all of this deep down, I do. I just have to take 2 steps backwards sometimes to remember.
I got some cute pictures of the kids yesterday in the snow.

1 comment:

Becky said...

YOu crack me up! Why are you awake when kids are still sleeping? I loved the snow pics of your children. Wish we would have gotten more snow so all children could have enjoyed it even more! Hope you are feeling better.