Come Take A Walk With Us...

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Trying To Stand My Ground.

1:45 am this morning I wake up to Conner standing next to my bed trying to tell me he had a bad dream...2nd night in a row for him. Conner doesn't do this very often so I am trying to be very understanding. For the 2nd night I get up and go to the guest bedroom with him so he "won't be alone". This is kinda funny because he actually shares a room with his bro and is never alone..but never mind that. We just settle down when,yep you guessed it, here comes Carson to say "Mommy, I'm scared." So I am tired and trying to be creative and appeasing to all parties involved. I suggest he lays down next to Conner and I am going back to my bed. Oh no no, this will not do for either boy. I have to stay... Then I start thinking...what the heck am I doing! It is now 2 am and I am trying to convince my children to sleep in the guest room together instead of in their own room together..make no sense I know.. so they won't be afraid. I finally came to my senses and said "You know what, everyone is going back to bed in their own rooms on the count of 3 or I am taking lots of stuff away tomorrow..." I could have saved myself a lot of wake up time had i just done that from the get go. I do things the hard way a lot! I just worry that I am going to scar them for life or something if I don't make the right decisions. I know we all go thru this at some point in parenting.

1 comment:

Renae said...

Way to go, Mom! I can think of ONCE in seven years someone has slept in the bed with me. I understand what you mean about wanting to be sensitive to your children. My niece pulls the "I'm scared, protect me" card about sleeping with someone. Now she's five and still sleeping with her parents. No wonder she's an only child...