Come Take A Walk With Us...

Saturday, December 13, 2008

My Allergic Reaction.


We were eating dinner night before last when I had an allergic reaction to something we were either eating or drinking. Mind you, I have never been allergic to anything. We weren't eating anything unusual. Over the past 10 years or so my cheeks do turn red when I drink alcohol...nothing severe or bothersome,I just look Rosy. Well, I have noticed it is getting even more so here in the past year. So, we were drinking a new wine, Blackstone. It is from California and it has a fruity flavor and is very light. Normally I get Rosy when it is a red wine that is slightly peppery and robust. Well, I am telling you I had a severe reaction at dinner whether it was from the new wine or the pork tenderloin seasoned with Grill Mates (BBQ flavor) or the baked potato or the corn. My face suddenly turned bright red and kept getting redder and redder and puffy...then it started burning...then my chin, across the bridge of my nose, my forehead and then my throat started getting tight and my tongue started swelling up. CRAZY! I immediately grabbed the Children's Benadryl (cuz that's all we had) and took 4 Teaspoons. It took about an hour for it to all go away. What a scary feeling. I had LeeJay take a picture so I can go to the doctor and have a visual for them. I am attaching it.

No comments: