Come Take A Walk With Us...

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Holidays Have Come and Gone.





We had such a great holiday with friends and loved ones. We got to see almost everyone and catch up and see how quickly everyone is growing. The kids got what they wanted for Christmas and much much more. It seems like we always do too much, but each year we try to scale back. I think we did better this year. Although I think Santa did a poor job on quality control this year. 2 of the Santa gifts did not even work. Kylee's MP3 player and Carson's Air Hogs helicopter. We replaced them for them and the helicopter ended up breaking after the 2nd day. So, we aren't replacing it again!
We had 2 dog bites occur on 2 of my children over the break. The first was Kylee over at a friends house and was enough to warrant a trip to the ER for stitches..just below her eye. It could have been so much worse...we are so lucky. The 2nd was Conner here at home by OUR dog. Boomer nipped him on the hand and made him bleed. Conner got too close to Boomer's bone. Boomer had a rough day at the groomers and just wanted to be left alone. I am about dogged out though!
My Mema left to head home today. We had such a good visit. I think it was great for both of us. She is a joy to be around...and the kids loved entertaining her. I am sad that the holidays are over, but ready to get back in a routine. We still have a week before school goes back! I don't know if that is a good thing or not...LOL!

No comments: