Come Take A Walk With Us...

Monday, December 1, 2008

Little Blessings.

I got up running this morning. The day back after a holiday always seems so jammed packed and crazy. I needed to go to the store and get a few things and go to Best Buy for ink for the printer and the post office for stamps and I needed to clean up the house from a week with company. Then it dawned on me... Why do I NEED to do all of those things today. I need to stop and enjoy life and take a breath now and then and not feel like everything has to be done right this second or the world will come to an end.
I got a call from my friend down the road just before I was about to leave to take Carson to school. She had surgery a couple of weeks ago and still isn't supposed to do a lot of lifting etc..well, her helper for today called and was sick..so I knew she really could use my help and probably didn't want to be stuck in her house all day. So, I scratched most of my plan and hung out with her. We had a nice time shopping and running errands and grabbed a bite to eat. My head started hurting and she gave me a prescription migraine pill to try..WOW.I had to come home a go to sleep. It made me feel a little funny.so I was glad she wanted to go back with me to pick up Carson..I let her drive!
Well, we were running late picking up the kids from the bus stop so I had to call another neighbor to get our kids off the bus for 5 minutes. I felt so bad, I have NEVER done that before.
Ended the day with Kylee going to Cheer practice and Conner to Basketball practice and Carson going to bed early due to no nap..I looked around and realized a much needed unexpected surprise was handed to me. I was all alone and it was so quiet..aww take it in...and add a nice calming breath..that was me for 1 whole blissful hour tonight. See, little blessings are always where you least expect to find them.

No comments: