Come Take A Walk With Us...

Sunday, September 11, 2011

What Were You Doing That September Morning?

Everyone in America will always remember what they were doing that morning. Some may have worse stories and horrible occurrences and vivid memories than others but we all remember. Please feel free to share through comments on here.
Our Story:
I was in the kitchen making breakfast for Kylee whom had just turned 2 years old three days earlier. I was extremely pregnant and already having contractions from time to time with Conner. I had the tv on The Today Show when I realized they were talking and confused and trying to figure out some great disturbance. Anytime they stray from scrip it catches my attention. I just stood there in shock for a minute or two. At this point I decided to go wake Lee Jay up and tell him a plane just crashed into one of the towers in NY City. As I enter the bedroom and turn on the tv it is showing a plane crash into the other tower...live. That is when the world changed. Everything seemed to move slower; like being in a time warp. I know for me all I could think about was my child and my soon to be born child and how they are going to live?
As a nation I think we did come together and we did overcome. I think it has made us who we are today. We are strong and we are fighters. We will always band together in times of crisis. It is who we are. Americans. Family. Friends.

No comments: