Come Take A Walk With Us...

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Who Knows

There are so many things I wanted to be and some that I still want to be. I wanted to be a dancer and then a singer and then an actress. To be more specific...I wanted to be a dancer on Broadway or an LA laker girl....then when I became aware of my singing ability I wanted to sing on Broadway and maybe act...I always did love the old fashioned simpleness of musicals. Then I became more "sophisticated" and wanted to act in Hollywood.
After I came back down to earth and realized "hello, I live in Texas...and my parents are staunch baptists that aren't going to let me anywhere near that part of the world"....I decided I really loved fashion. So, I started taking classes at ACC in fashion merchandising. Well, it didn't take me long to realize I wouldn't find a job as a "buyer" unless someone either dies or retires from one of those few highly coveted positions.
So, things that I was always interested in but never thought to pursue: I always loved tea rooms and small boutiques and thought it would be nice to have my own flare and own one of my very own. I also always loved to write and get my thoughts and feelings down on paper...so maybe I should write a book. Who know, maybe while I am staring down at my 35th birthday (2 weeks away) I will be inspired and decide that I finally know what to do with my life. My youngest goes to kindergarten this next fall...and I somehow feel like the whole world ( well, at least the great OKC area) has been opened for me to explore and discover...and maybe find out who I really am and what I can do and make and love...who knows...who knows....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Daughter,
I have been up since 4:30 and enjoying reading and catching up on your blog. I can answer your question for you, for I know who you are -- You are, first, my little girl, though you have now grown into a beautiful and special young woman whom I'm so very proud of! You are a loving, sincere and loved mother of 3 wonderful children and a fantastic husband!!! You are talented and beautiful beyond belief. I am terribly impressed with your flare for writing and know that if you want to write a book, YOU CAN DO SO! Your Daddy would be SO proud... he wanted so much to be a writer; I believe his mantle has been passed to you. Don't doubt your abilities and continue to use them - in my "book", you are FANTASTIC! You can do all things through HIM who gives you strength.

I love you so much,
your proud Mom